Settling Into Your New Home
Make Your New House a Home
After closing, you’ll move in to your new home. Moving is a catalyst and can trigger a mix of emotions both good and bad in people. It’s a good practice to talk with your spouse, children, and anyone else in your household and allow everyone to process their feelings openly. In order to help you adjust to the move and make the transition easier try to do the following:
- Get some of your favorite or most important rooms unpacked right away.
- Cook a delicious meal in your new kitchen to celebrate.
- Explore the neighborhood and see everything your new community has to offer.
- Paint an accent wall or finish other quick and easy projects that make the house “yours”.
- Introduce yourselves to the neighbors and ask what they love about the area.
- Get in touch with friends to share the news about your move.
- Hold a housewarming party and invite the people you love into your new space.
- Keep a running list of everything you like about your new home.
Do you plan on making a move soon? Let Counselor Realty lead the way! Contact us to get started today.